Peterborough City Council’s Trading Standards
Service is responsible for the enforcement of animal health and
Inspections are routinely carried out on
farms, at shows and during transportation to ensure that
legislation is complied with and standards are maintained.
Duties of the animal health & welfare team
- monitoring and influencing the standards of
animal health and welfare on farms, in transport and at shows.
- ensuring livestock is correctly identified
and is moved with the required movement documentation .
- contingency planning and disease
- providing advice and assistance to
Peterborough based farmers and traders on the animal health and
- investigating complaints.
For advice on animal health or welfare or to
make a complaint please contact: 08454 040506
Foot and mouth disease
If you wish to view the Peterborough feed hygiene premises
register please contact our trading standards team.