Child sexual abuse
This introductory session aims to increase
participants’ understanding of the needs of young people who have
been sexually abused in order to assist them in
providing safe care and assist the child’s recovery.
Participants will also learn strategies for keeping the rest
of the household safe without stigmatising or disadvantaging the
abused child in their care.
Practitioners across all Children's Services
1 half-day session
- have an increased understanding of what child
sexual abuse is
- understand the impact for the children and young people
- be able to consider triggers for behaviour and plan care
- develop a repertoire of helpful strategies for caring for young
- have considered impact issues for carers and their
families and to have strategies for managing safe care
Free to all members of the Peterborough Children's Trust.
For all other profit making organisations and organisations
outside the Peterborough area a charge of £100 per delegate will be
To apply for a place on this event, please complete and submit
booking form. Editable versions of the booking form
are available on request, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org