Informationand guidance on a wide range of information,
- Details about all Ofsted registered and non-registered early
years education and childcare in Peterborough for children aged
from birth to five years including childminders, day nurseries and
pre-schools, and options for school-aged children either side of
the school day and during holidays.
- Information about what to look for in a childcare service and
how to choose the right childcare provider to suit your families
- The service offered by different types of childcare providers,
such as full day care or part time/sessional care.
- Help in choosing the most suitable arrangement for your
children by searching for options based on the location of your
home, work or school.
- Activities for children and young people.
- Free entitlement to childcare for eligible 2 year olds and for
all 3 and 4 year old children.
- How to pay for childcare and other financial benefits for
families and working parents and expectant parents.
- Services that support families.
- Working parents’ rights, flexible working and work-life
- Careers in childcare.
The FIS offers information that is tailored to the needs of
individual families and works very closely with families to help
find the most suitable childcare, or combination of childcare. It
provides special support to parents of children with disabilities
and additional needs and can contact providers directly on the
The service also provides estimations for child and working tax
credits over the phone, advice about employer supported childcare
options such as childcare voucher schemes and salary sacrifice, and
can offer advice about whether childcare vouchers or tax credits
would be the best option.
The FIS offers a job advertising service for
childcare providers and provides information and assistance to
people who wish to work or train in the childcare profession.
The service offered is confidential, impartial
and free of charge.
Families Information Service:
Telephone between 8.30am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday on
the freephone helpline 0800 29 89 121 (with voicemail out
of hours), telephone (01733) 864446 or email your enquiry