To qualify for free school transport your child must live in the
Peterborough City Council area and meet the following criteria;
- Attend the nearest or designated school, which had places
available at the time of application.
- Live beyond the specified walking distance of 2
miles for primary pupils up to and including Year 3 (age
8) and 3 miles for primary pupils in Years 4, 5
and 6 (ages 8 to 11). Where families are considered to be of
low income, primary pupils aged 8 to 11 years would qualify if go
to their nearest suitable school and live more than 2 miles
- The child is at least in the school year in which he/she will
attain his/her fifth birthday.
- The designated school for transport purposes is the school
identified in the Guide for Parents on Admissions to Primary and
Secondary Schools. These booklets are published annually and are
available from the children's services department.
Bus pass application form