-To provide a safe and fair trading environment for the people of Peterborough by: The investigation of complaints about unsafe, misdescribed, incorrectly priced and counterfeit goods.
- The regular inspection of trade premises to test weighing and measuring equipment (petrol pumps scales, beer and spirit measures etc) and to test pre-packed goods against their stated weight or measure.
- The monitoring of food labelling and taking routine samples to determine compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Licensing of premises storing petroleum and explosives (includes fireworks) to ensure that these potentially dangerous substances are kept and sold under strictly controlled conditions.
- Monitoring of credit advertisements to ensure fairness and accuracy and advising on credit agreements and licensing requirements.
- Licensing of controlled animal movements and checking movement records to help control disease in livestock.
- Advising Peterborough and Rutland businesses on compliance with UK and European legislation.
Further information is available on the following topics:
Under age sales
Please also see 'Other Access Information' for alternative contact information, such as Citizens Advice.
||Monday - Businesses by Appointment Only
Tuesday - Businesses by Appointment Only
Wednesday - Businesses by Appointment Only
Thursday - Businesses by Appointment Only
Friday - Businesses by Appointment Only
Saturday - Closed
Sunday - Closed
|Other Access Information
||If you are a consumer requiring advice or looking to make a complaint about a business please contact Citizens Advice - see website link above.
If you are a business or another Local Authority requiring information, please contact us on the email address below.
||Consumers: 08454 040506; Businesses: 01733 453512
||Criminal investigations are only carried out when the offence took place in the Peterborough or Rutland areas.