Peterborough Crematorium was opened in 1958 and is located in approximately 26 acres of land, much of it left as original ancient woodland. The trees enhance the tranquil atmosphere of the grounds and because of its origins; during the springtime, we have carpets of bluebells and other wild flowers. There are also a variety of birds and animals that visit the area.
An annual Memorial Service is held at 3pm on the last Sunday of June each year, and our annual Carol Service is held on a Saturday in December. Please contact the Crematorium office firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Provision of a burial service for the people of Peterborough. New graves are available in two of our five cemeteries, Fletton and Eastfield, the others are only available on production of Deeds for pre-purchased graves or where there is space remaining in a family plot.
Broadway (1858) Closed to new burials.
Woodston (1882) Closed to new burials.
Stanground (1890)Limited space for those with families buried in the cemetery.
Fletton (1893)New graves can be purchased at the time of interment only.
Eastfield (1919) New graves can purchased at the time of interment only.