The food team are responsible for:
- Investigating food and hygiene complaints.
- Issuing food export certificates.
- Issuing Approvals to Food Businesses with regard to EU Regulation 853/2004.
- Registering and inspection of food premises for food safety.
- Investigation of reports of infectious and food borne diseases.
- General advice on food hygiene related matters to businesses and the public.
In April 2007 the Food Team at Peterborough City Council introduced a "Scores on the Doors" scheme, which allows members of the public to see the results of the last food hygiene inspection in the form of a star rating. Further information is available at: www.peterborough.gov.uk/scoresonthedoors