School crossing patrol
Our School crossing patrol service has been assisting children
to cross the road safely for over 50 years. Whilst we provide
school crossing patrols, parents are still responsible for making
sure their children get to school safely.
Information for parents
Remember if you're crossing with your child at a patrol
- Wait at the kerb
- Don't follow the patrol out into the road
- Walk across only when the patrol tells you
- Always walk in front of the patrol, not behind
Information for drivers
Remember, if you're approaching a patrol site:
- Slow down and be prepared to stop
- Stop at the patrol's signal - failure to stop can result in 3
points on your licence & up to £1000 fine
- Be patient - a child's life could be at stake!
School crossing patrollers are an important part of their
community and provide a vital service, helping pedestrians to cross
the road safely.
If you would like to find out further information about becoming
a School Crossing Patroller please contact: