Our customer service standards
We are committed to providing the best possible services for everyone who visits, lives or works in Peterborough. We have agreed a set of customer service principles which outline our aims.
When you visit us
- ensure that you can access our offices
- ensure our reception areas will be clean and welcoming and provide information about council services
- ensure our reception staff see you promptly
- make sure you see someone appropriate to deal with your enquiry or arrange an appointment for you, if necessary
- provide an interpreter, or other support, if needed, (this may need us to make an appointment)
- explain any delays of over 10 minutes to your arranged appointment
- ensure the person dealing with your enquiry gives their name and wears a name badge.
- make other arrangements with you, if you cannot visit one of our offices.
When we visit you
- explain who we are and show you an authorised identification card
- explain the purpose of our visit.
Effective two way communication
- agree the nature of your enquiry with you and discuss when you can expect us to resolve it (if possible)
- keep you informed on the progress and final outcome of your enquiry, what happened last, what will happen next and when it will happen.
When you telephone us
- aim to answer your call within 20 seconds (5 rings)
- provide our name to allow you to follow up with another call if necessary
- thank you for your call
- aim to direct you to the person you ask to speak to, or to someone else who can deal with your enquiry
- if the person you need to speak to is not available, we will try to help, take a message or arrange for someone to ring you back
- if you leave a voicemail or answerphone message, we will aim to call you back within 1 working day.
Putting things right
We will do our best to identify and address the cause of customer dissatisfaction to prevent further incidents.
Courtesy and helpfulness
- be polite, positive, helpful and treat you with respect and fairness.
- ensure our staff are highly trained and proactive.
- listen carefully in order to understand and respond to your needs.
- tell you our name and wear a name badge.
- give you an explanation of our actions.
- do everything we can to resolve your query to your satisfaction
- If we are unable to resolve your enquiry, we will forward it to the appropriate person.
- Where appropriate, we will keep a progress record on your enquiry and any advice we gave showing what has been done, by whom and when.
- We also expect customers to maintain certain standards and we will not tolerate abuse of staff.
When you write to us (including fax and email)
- aim to acknowledge your e-mail within one working day of receipt
- aim to reply to your correspondence within 10 working days of receipt, and if we cannot achieve this write and let you know when a full reply will be sent
- ensure our reply identifies the person who is dealing with your enquiry so that you know who to contact if you need to.
Customer services performance - June 2016
|Number of calls answered||31,881|
|% of all calls answered (target 82%)||89%|
|First call resolution (target = 85%)||94%|
|Number of customers served (reception, cash office)||12,262|
|Number of compaints received about Peterborough Direct service||1|
|Number of compliments received about Peterborough Direct service||2|
Call centre customer satisfaction survey results - February 2016
|Customer surveyed who were either satisfied or very satisfied with the service provided||98.7%|
|Customers who thought speed of answer was good||89.2%|
|Customers who, expressing a preference, thought advisors were polite and friendly||86.7%|
|Customers who thought staff were unhelpful||0.7%|
|Customers who thought they were treated fairly by the member of staff who dealt with their enquiry||100%|
|Customers who understood the information given to them by a member of staff||96.7%|
Face to face customer satisfaction survey results - February 2016
|Customers who were satisfied with quality of service received||98%|
|Customers who thought they has been treated fairly||98.8%|
|Customers who thought waiting time was acceptable||95.3%|
|Customers who thought opening times were convenient||96%|
|Customers who, expressing a preference, thought the member of staff was polite and friendly||77.9%|
|Customers who thought staff were unhelpful||0.4%|
|Customers who understood the information given to them by a member of staff||99.2%|