Our customer service standards
We are committed to providing the best possible services for everyone who visits, lives or works in Peterborough. We have agreed a set of customer service principles which outline our aims.
When you visit us
- ensure that you can access our offices
- ensure our reception areas will be clean and welcoming and provide information about council services
- ensure our reception staff see you promptly
- make sure you see someone appropriate to deal with your enquiry or arrange an appointment for you, if necessary
- provide an interpreter, or other support, if needed, (this may need us to make an appointment)
- explain any delays of over 10 minutes to your arranged appointment
- ensure the person dealing with your enquiry gives their name and wears a name badge.
- make other arrangements with you, if you cannot visit one of our offices.
When we visit you
- explain who we are and show you an authorised identification card
- explain the purpose of our visit.
Effective two way communication
- agree the nature of your enquiry with you and discuss when you can expect us to resolve it (if possible)
- keep you informed on the progress and final outcome of your enquiry, what happened last, what will happen next and when it will happen.
When you telephone us
- aim to answer your call within 20 seconds (5 rings)
- provide our name to allow you to follow up with another call if necessary
- thank you for your call
- aim to direct you to the person you ask to speak to, or to someone else who can deal with your enquiry
- if the person you need to speak to is not available, we will try to help, take a message or arrange for someone to ring you back
- if you leave a voicemail or answerphone message, we will aim to call you back within 1 working day.
Putting things right
We will do our best to identify and address the cause of customer dissatisfaction to prevent further incidents.
Courtesy and helpfulness
- be polite, positive, helpful and treat you with respect and fairness.
- ensure our staff are highly trained and proactive.
- listen carefully in order to understand and respond to your needs.
- tell you our name and wear a name badge.
- give you an explanation of our actions.
- do everything we can to resolve your query to your satisfaction
- If we are unable to resolve your enquiry, we will forward it to the appropriate person.
- Where appropriate, we will keep a progress record on your enquiry and any advice we gave showing what has been done, by whom and when.
- We also expect customers to maintain certain standards and we will not tolerate abuse of staff.
When you write to us (including fax and email)
- aim to acknowledge your e-mail within one working day of receipt
- aim to reply to your correspondence within 10 working days of receipt, and if we cannot achieve this write and let you know when a full reply will be sent
- ensure our reply identifies the person who is dealing with your enquiry so that you know who to contact if you need to.
Customer Services Performance - June 2018
|Number of calls answered||28802|
% of all calls answered
Call volumes were greater than expected leading to some delays in calls being answered, especially leading upto the general election date. Increased gathering of customer contact information also increased call handling times.
|First call resolution||89%|
|% of calls answered within 20 seconds (low due to reason above)||33%|
|Number of emails answered within 10 days||6570|
|Number of letters answered within 10 days||5|
|Number of customers served||3811|
|Number of complaints received about Peterborough Direct service||6|
|Number of compliments received about Peterborough Direct service||13|
Customer satisfaction survey results from February 2018
|Customers surveyed who were either satisfied or very satisfied with the service provided||98%|
|Customers who thought speed of answer was good||72%|
|Customers who, expressing a preference, thought advisors were polite & friendly||98%|
|Customers who thought staff were unhelpful||0.7%|
|Customers who thought they were treated fairly by the member of staff who dealt with their query||100%|
|Customers who understood the information given to them by a member of staff||98.7%|
Face to face in the customer service centre
|Customers who were satisfied with quality of service received||98%|
|Customers who thought they had been treated fairly||98.5%|
|Customer who thought waiting time was acceptable||88.6%|
|Customers who thought opening times were convenient||98.1%|
|Customers who, expressing a preference, thought the member of staff was polite & friendly||99%|
|Customers who thought staff were unhelpful||0.5%|
|Customers who understood the information given to them by a member of staff||100%|