Love your community? Become a Community Awareness Volunteer
Interested in making a difference within your local community? We are on the lookout for local people in the voluntary and community sector and faith organisations who are focused on promoting access to healthcare services, hardship support and Covid-19 services, within the community.
What’s more, we will provide up to £3,000 of funding for engagement activities that our Community Awareness Volunteers carry out plus:
- Provide training, communication and marketing materials
- Access to healthcare experts
- Local data
- Exclusive webinars
This is an exciting opportunity for these local Community Awareness Volunteers to develop and strengthen their network and increase their profile.
We are interested in two types of Community Awareness Volunteers:
1. Community Signposters
If you’re active within the local community, ideally connected to a community or voluntary or faith organisations, we need your help providing information to your local network about how to access healthcare services, hardship support and Covid-19 services.
We want champions who can feed back on barriers that local people experience, so that we can understand and address these.
You will be given funding for up to six days of engagement between May and September, £500 for each day.
- One year plus experience of working within communities
- Currently employed by or registered as a volunteer at a charity, faith or community organisation in Peterborough
- Have links or based in Paston, Parnwell, Bretton, Westwood, Ravensthorpe, Millfield, City Centre, Eastfield, Welland, Fengate, Orton Malborne, Orton Goldhay
- Have links, work with or have a network with people from Black, Asian, Eastern European or other minority communities.
- Two references
2. Influencers for Good
If you’ve a strong social media following on mainstream social media channels with a brand that is compatible with the council’s values, we’d like you promote information from trusted sources and to facilitate live stream sessions on key council, Covid-19 and healthcare topics that incorporates Q&As and opens up conversations.
You will be given funding for up to six livestream sessions between May and September, £500 for each session.
- More than 1,000 followers on one of the social media channels - Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, Tiktok, WeChat
- A significant number of followers from the Peterborough area
- Your ‘brand’ of social media channel matches the council’s ethical policies
- Followers include people from Black, Asian, Eastern European or other minority communities.
- Two references
Apply to become a Community Awareness Volunteer
To apply, please complete our expression of interest form. We will respond within ten working days.