All display vehicle owners or their club’s appointed officer must sign the booking form to confirm that they have read, understood, and will abide by the Terms and Conditions set out below.
1. Insurance, tax and MOT:
All vehicles on display must be insured, taxed as appropriate, and hold an appropriate MOT certificate unless arriving by tender vehicle. Insurance must cover the driver and the use of the vehicle for the date of the event, in compliance with the Road Traffic Acts.
It is recommended that clubs should be indemnified against injury, damage or loss sustained by third parties arising from any displays or equipment in use. The minimum indemnity should be £5,000,000 (five million). Clubs should provide a copy of their public liability insurance.
Please note: all vehicles are exhibited at owner's risk.
2. Rules regarding the display of vehicles:
- If vehicles are left unattended even for a short period of time the doors must be locked.
- Keys should never be left in the ignition.
- The handbrake must be on at all times.
- It is the vehicle owners’ responsibility to ensure their vehicle is parked in such a way, and that any necessary precautionary measures are in place, so that the vehicle cannot roll forward or backward. This may involve the use of “chocks”.
- Children viewing a display vehicle should be supervised by an adult at all times
- Smoking is prohibited near to vehicle’s engines and fuel tanks.
- Motorcycle owners’ must ensure their stand is secure and/or a suitable plate is used if necessary.
- Once a vehicle is parked in its display position the driver is requested not to move the vehicle until the end of the event unless they have the permission of the event organiser/safety officer and support of a designated event steward.
3. Setting up:
- Display vehicle pass holders are required to arrive between 8.00am and 9.30am on the day of the show (event is open from 10.00am to the general public).
- It is requested that all exhibiting vehicles are in place by 9:45am.
- You are requested to park as directed by our event stewards. The bays are 4m wide and 6m deep.
- Please adhere to the 5MPH speed limit.
4. Marquees and temporary structures:
Only booked clubs are permitted to erect a marquee. An appropriate written risk assessment must be submitted in advance of the event to the Event Safety Officer, along with Public Liability Insurance, minimum cover £5,000,000 (five million).
Temporary structures must only be assembled by individuals experienced and competent in their assembly. This must be agreed in advance with the show’s organisers.
No advertising is allowed on any private exhibiting vehicles. Cars can be offered for sale but need to display a ‘CAR FOR SALE’ window banner which is available from the organiser at an additional cost of £6 per day payable on show day. All clubs are invited to display a banner or board with their name clearly indicated. Clubs may use our events to promote their activities and recruit new members and sell club regalia. Other than club regalia, no merchandise, autojumble or spares to be sold from club stands or private car exhibitors unless the appropriate traders fee has been paid.
A full list of names, vehicles and registration numbers of exhibiting vehicles should be sent to the organisers no later than 7 days before the start of the show. This allows the organisers to allocate an appropriate area for the club.
Club Chairpersons, Secretaries or appointed officers can sign the terms and conditions on behalf of their members when the clubs public liability insurance certificate is provided. Due to space limitations priority will be given to older vehicles – display spaces are allocated at the sole discretion of the organisers.
Please note: the Classic and Vintage Vehicle Show is open to the general public until 5pm, your co-operation is requested that no vehicles are moved prior to this time without seeking assistance from the marshals.
Clubs must assign a named person to be responsible for their club site and ensure that all litter from the site is removed.
Fires, barbecues and similar open flame appliances are not allowed on any part of the Embankment site.
Please note: there is no camping on site for exhibitors.
There are camping sites nearby, please see links for information:
Peterborough Classic and Vintage Vehicle Show offers no recommendation and exhibitors should abide by the respective campsites terms and conditions.
There are no fees for exhibiting vehicles at this show.
Exhibitors are expected to comply with all reasonable instructions provided by the shows staff and volunteers.
Exhibitors are expected to keep the area around their exhibits clean and clear of rubbish and debris.
Peterborough Classic and Vintage Vehicle Show accept no responsibility for loss or damage to property at the event.
For further information about exhibiting and fees for traders please contact Melissa Butcher via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01733 452469.