- Financial donations
- Donating towards transport costs
- Sign up to be a translation buddy (Ukrainian / Russian speakers)
- Volunteer as an Integration, Cohesion, Orientation, Life in UK Advisor and Befriender with PARCA (3 vacancies)
- Volunteer to help with furniture for refugees and others at CareZone
- Hosting refugees
Peterborough stands in solidarity with the people of Ukraine. We will do all we can to support organisations working in the UK and abroad to help. The situation in Ukraine is leaving thousands of people in need of vital, lifesaving aid.
If you would like to help there are several ways you can support the Ukraine Crisis appeal in Peterborough:
If you want to help, the most effective action you can take is to make a financial donation to one of the charities listed below.
There are good supply chains in eastern Europe, so it is more cost effective to send money to buy supplies locally instead of donating and transporting them from the UK.
Any amount you can give will go a long way to helping those in need. We encourage you to check the government’s guidance on safe giving before you donate.
- British Red Cross
- Disasters Emergency Committee
- International Committee of the Red Cross
- International Rescue Committee
- Save the Children
- SOS Children’s Villages UK
- UN Refugee Agency
- With Ukraine Global Support Fund
Donating towards transport costs
Sign up to be a translation buddy (Ukrainian / Russian speakers)
Volunteer as an Integration, Cohesion, Orientation, Life in UK Advisor and Befriender with PARCA (3 vacancies)
- Email email@example.com
Volunteer to help with furniture for refugees and others at CareZone
Email firstname.lastname@example.org They will discuss what type of role you may be interested in and send a volunteer form. Roles include:
- Cataloguing and moving donated furniture items in warehouse
- Assisting van team with deliveries and collections – involves being able to lift furniture
- Talking to clients and helping them with their referral and choosing furniture items
The Homes for Ukraine Sponsorship Scheme allows Ukrainian nationals and their family members to come to the UK if they have a named sponsor under the Homes for Ukraine Scheme.
Require a named and known refugee/s in order to be a sponsor and eventually a host to refugee/s through this scheme.
How to get matched with refugees
- Carefully consideration about being able to commit to 6 months of accommodating one or more refugees (no rent can be charged)
- Apply to be matched to a sponsor through Reset UK
- Find more information about hosting unknown refugees on the Home for Ukraine website