You have the right to request closed circuit television (CCTV) footage of yourself under the Data Protection Act.
If you require CCTV footage of yourself that you believe may have been captured by cameras owned by the council, please complete the CCTV footage request form.
Please provide identifying information, such as:
- The date and time of the requested footage
- The precise location of the requested footage
- The make, model, colour and registration number of your vehicle (if required footage involves your vehicle)
- Any information about any other vehicles involved
- A description of yourself
- Details of the incident
This will help us to identify the relevant footage in a timely manner.
Please note: CCTV footage is only held by the council for 30 days; any footage requested beyond this time limit will not be available. Please also note that there is a £10 charge for providing this information.
If no data is held with regard to your request, or the data falls into a category exempted from disclosure, you will be notified in writing of this.
If you are still unsure as to whether the information you require falls under a subject access request, please contact the Freedom of Information team by telephone 01733 452533 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or post at:
Freedom of Information and Data Protection