Subject Access Requests

Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you are entitled to request access to personal information held about you by the council.

This request is called a ‘Subject Access Request’ (SAR) and must be made in writing, including your name, address and a description of the information that you wish to see. The relevant form for requesting access to your records is below.

Subject Access Request form and letter

Size: 213.57 KB File format: pdf

This request would apply for you if you:

  • Are or have previously been a looked after child in the care of Peterborough City Council
  • Were adopted as a child through Peterborough City Council
  • Would like to submit a request on behalf of someone for whom you hold parental responsibility – please note that when a child is 12 years old they are considered to be old enough to make a request themselves.
  • Are a current or former employee of Peterborough City Council
  • Would like access to information that the council may hold on you in other areas, such as council tax, electoral register and housing benefit.

Please note: there is a £10 charge for providing this information. In all cases we will respond within a statutory maximum limit of 40 calendar days of receiving your full request, either with the information required, or with an explanation of any delays.

For further information, please contact:

Freedom of Information and Data Protection
Bridge Street,
Town Hall,