There will be a petition to decide whether Fiona Onasanya, the MP for Peterborough should lose her seat as an MP and a by-election held to decide who would be the MP for that constituency.
The petition has been started because Fiona Onasanya MP has been convicted of perverting the course of justice and has been sentenced to be imprisoned for 3 months.
- Petition signing period: 7am Tuesday 19 March to 5pm Wednesday 1 May 2019.
- Constituency: Peterborough
The designated petition signing places are located at:
- Bedford Hall, Station Road, Thorney, Peterborough, PE6 0QE
- Bretton Library, The Cresset, Rightwell, Bretton, Peterborough, PE3 8DS
- Dogsthorpe Library, Central Avenue, Dogsthorpe, Peterborough, PE1 4LH
- East Community Centre, Padholme Road, Peterborough, PE1 5EN
- Eye Youth & Community Centre, Crowland Road, Eye, Peterborough, PE6 7TN
- Honeyhill Childrens Centre, Chadburn, Paston, Peterborough, PE4 7DH
- St Luke’s Church, Mayors Walk, West Town, Peterborough, PE3 6EZ
- The Bull, Guntons Road, Newborough, Peterborough, PE6 7QW
- Town Hall, Bridge Street, Peterborough, PE1 1HQ
- Werrington Library, Staniland Way, Werrington, Peterborough, PE4 6JT
These locations will be open for signing:
- Monday, 9am to 5pm (except Easter Monday)
- Tuesday, 7am to 5pm
- Wednesday, 9am to 5pm
- Thursday, 9am to 10pm
- Friday, 9am to 5pm (except Good Friday)
A person is eligible to sign the petition if they are a registered parliamentary elector for the constituency and aged 18 or over (or the date of their 18th birthday is before the end of the signing period).
All registered parliamentary electors will be written to individually advising them of the signing procedure and which signing place they have been allocated to. Parliamentary electors who are currently registered to vote by post will receive their signing sheet by post.
New applications to sign the petition by post must be received by no later than 5pm on Monday, 15 April 2019.
New applications to sign the petition by proxy must be received by no later than 5pm on Wednesday, 24 April 2019.
Publication of 10% threshold
After receiving the Speaker’s notice under section 5 of the Recall of MP’s Act 2015(a) the Petition Officer herewith gives public notice of:
(a) the number of persons who are entitled to sign the petition as 69,673
(b) the number of persons who would need to sign the petition for the petition to be successful in accordance with section 14 of the Recall of MP’s Act 2015(a) (determination of whether recall petition successful) as 6,967