Manor Drive Solutions
MDS is provided through a partnership agreement with Serco to the council. MDS is a temporary register of admin and office specialist staff on zero based hour’s contracts who are supplied back to the council and Serco.
- flexible and adaptable?
- do you have recent office or administrative experience?
- can you demonstrate good literacy and numeracy skills?
- are you confident with MS Office software such as Word, Excel, databases and email?
- are you confident in using google apps?
- are you happy to work in any assignment we discuss with you, both short and long term?
Benefits for MDS temporary staff:
- opportunity to work in Peterborough City Council Departments and Serco contracts
- strengthen and develop your skills through interesting and varied assignments
- safe working environment
- accrue holiday pay as you work
- paid bank holidays, if you're in an assignment at the time
- competitive rate of pay- Lunar Monthly payment by BACS
- You have access to hot beverages including tea and coffee.
Once in an assignment you will be giving login details to Serco’s OurWorld which means that you can view and apply for internal positions. Serco’s external roles are advertised on the Serco website on the careers and jobs page.
We currently work with the following teams to provide temporary support and require temps who have skills to be able to work in:
- Manage diaries, arrange appointments, meetings and interviews
- Co-ordinating responses to correspondence and complaints received
- Use and maintain accurate records, systems, database and spreadsheets
- Maintenance of filing systems, both electronic and manual
- Use financial management systems to raise purchase orders and invoices
- Produce accurate minutes ranging from action points, to complex minutes
- Provide a word processing, desk top publishing, presentation slides service
- a friendly and professional manner
- ability to take queries both by telephone and email
- deal with difficult customers and resolve queries using own initiative
- experienced in a wide variety of customer service subjects including council tax, parking, refuse, fly tipping, recycling, electoral services and payments
How to Register with MDS
If the above is what you are looking for in your career please apply online on the Serco website.
If you have the skills and experience we are looking for then we will contact you to arrange an interview.
Please make sure you have the necessary Right to Work documents to enable you to work in the UK.
Alternatively you can provide your full birth certificate in conjunction with your NI card/documentation, if your name is different please provide the relevant certification.
Once the interview has taken place and if you are suitable to join the MDS database, then you will become registered with us.