Due to an increase in application submissions and a lack of resources, the provision of pre-application advice for householder development is being suspended from 3rd June 2019.
The Development Management team will continue to provide pre-application advice on other types of development such as commercial and major application proposals.
If you know that you need planning permission for your proposed development you can submit the details to us as a planning pre-application advice enquiry and we will:
- give an indication of how likely it is that planning permission would be granted
- outline the relevant planning policy considerations
- where relevant highlight any potential highways issues
- identify what supporting documentation your application will need
We can only give advice on specific proposals submitted to us, we cannot offer suggestions on what kinds of development are acceptable in a particular area. If you are looking for this sort of advice we recommend you consult a professional planning agent.
The target response periods for these enquiries are:
- Major proposals - 6 weeks
- Other proposals - 4 weeks