We use social media to engage in conversations with residents, promote events and activities, and answer questions about council services.
Our social media accounts
Peterborough City Council uses social media to communicate directly with residents in order to provide information on council services and promote activities which are of benefit to the wider community.
The following organisations work in partnership with Peterborough City Council, follow the links below to find out more about connecting with these organisation through social media.
Our use of social media is continually evolving as we adapt to the changing environment presented by this relatively new form of communication, we are exploring new ways in which to interact with communities.
When using social media we will:
- Provide our followers and/or friends with accurate information and honest responses at all times.
- Follow people or organisations who we feel may provide information which is useful or interesting to us as a council or to residents of Peterborough and the surrounding area.
- Only re-tweet or re-post messages which may be useful or interesting to residents Peterborough and the surrounding area.
- Respond to genuine questions asked directly to us where time and resources allow. We are only able to monitor our social media accounts during normal office hours.
- Not engage in any politically motivated conversations or promote any political organisations.
- Not respond to any offensive or inappropriate messages and will remove where possible.
We ask that any messages posted on/to Peterborough City Council social media accounts follow these rules:
- Do not use unlawful, libellous, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, or racially offensive language.
- Are relevant to the particular account.
- Do not post the same message more than once (also called "spamming").
- Do not advertise products or services or ask that Peterborough City Council endorse any products or services.
- Do not impersonate someone else.