The Council will adopt a globally available, modern, and citizen centric digital platform at the heart of its technology and business architecture. This core platform will seamlessly connect customers with the council’s front and back-office processes, providing a personalised multichannel experience. It will be possible to build or buy other business capabilities on this platform meaning that siloed, traditional line of business applications can be gradually retired.
Because the core platform will run from a public cloud it will require minimal local infrastructure and support giving ICT more time to focus on dynamic and rapid service improvement.
Key benefits will be:
- Improved customer satisfaction
- Anytime, Anywhere, Any Channel access for Citizens
- Maximum operational efficiency
- Mobility for Citizens, Members and Staff
- Greater measurement and transparency of data
- Agility, flexibility and responsiveness