Market Shaping Event Presentations 2017
Providers can view below the presentations from our two Market Shaping Events that both took place at KingsGate Community Church & Conference Centre in Peterborough.
Our first Market Shaping Event took place on February 14 and was for providers from all sectors and our more recent event on June 19 was specifically for Residential & Nursing Homes.
Our latest Market Shaping Event at KingsGate Community Church in Peterborough for the Voluntary Sector took place on September 11 2017 with over 30 providers in attendance. Please click on the link to take a look at the areas that were discussed.
- Market Shaping Event presentation - 11 September 2017 (PDF, 3.17MB)
- Market Shaping Event presentation - 19 June 2017 (PDF, 2.36MB)
- Market Shaping Event presentation - 14 February 2017 (PDF, 1.86MB)
Care homes market study
The Competition and Markets Authority has carried out a market study into care homes for the elderly, to review how well the market works and if people are treated fairly. further details can be found on the Gov.uk website.
A quick guide for homecare managers providing medicines support
As far as possible, people should manage their own medicines. Where it is not possible, support may be provided by different people, including family, healthcare workers or home care workers.
- Discussing medicines support
- The 6 rights of medicines administration
- Planning and reviewing medicines support
- Medicines policy
What is the learning and development programme?
Our training programme is provided to:
- Help you to develop your workforce, through improving knowledge and skills
- Ensure the workforce are competent and confident in delivering effective person centred care and support
- Facilitate the promotion of health and well being
- Promote and support people to maintain their independence.
- ACS provider training brochure (PDF, 9.39MB)
Courses are free of charge to care and support providers within the Private, Voluntary and Independent sector in Peterborough, including Personal Assistants.
We have taken on board feedback received from previous years when developing this year’s training programme.
Every month the Quality Improvement Team offer care providers information and resources relating to a specific theme. These information sheets contains details about the resources made available to you by your Quality Improvement Officer.
Newsletter Winter theme - care quality and loneliness
Quality Improvements Team Newsletter Winter 2017 (PDF, 1.6MB)
January edition of the Quality Improvement Team Newsletter includes news on the Care Quality Commission Area Reviews and Campaign To End Loneliness.
Newsletter October theme - back care and wellbeing
Quality Improvements Team Newsletter October 2017 (PDF, 588KB)
Newsletter August theme - communication
Quality Improvements Team Newsletter August 2017 (PDF, 295.81KB)
Newsletter September theme - dementia
Quality Improvements Team Newsletter September 2017 (PDF, 371.45KB)
Newsletter Autumn theme - dementia
Quality Improvements Team Newsletter October 2017 (PDF, 1.11MB)
LEAP (Local Energy Advice Programme) in partnership with Peterborough City Council is offering a FREE service, providing important advice, support and energy saving measures to fuel poor and vulnerable households.
Local Energy Advice Programme poster (PDF, 946KB)
- Do you work/own or are involved in a Care or Residential Care Home?
- Could your residents benefit from some gentle exercise classes including armchair based exercises/tai chi?
- Inspire Peterborough have been awarded some funding to deliver classes in Peterborough.
We recently set up some pilots which have proven to be very successful. We are now looking at adding extra sessions throughout the city:
- All of our instructors are fully qualified and DBS checked.
- All the programmes will be reviewed after 5 weeks.
- We can deliver at other venues but all venues will need to be fully accessible.
- The sessions are fully inclusive and designed for people of all abilities and disability.
- Each session should be for 10+participants.
For more details please email Nikki Griffiths or Bryan Tyler: email@example.com or