Make an adult social care complaint

Our Adult Social Care department is committed to providing a quality service to the people of Peterborough.

How to make a complaint or a comment

If you want to make a formal complaint, you may contact our complaints team. You can do this in person, by phone or in writing. This must done within 12 months of the incident occurring or the date when you became aware of it. 

You can contact our Adult Social Care complaints team as follows:

Complaints guide

Size: 21.16 KB File format: pdf

Easy Ready complaints guide

Size: 161.58 KB File format: pdf

We encourage our staff to help you deal with any concerns or complaints in a friendly, confidential manner and they will do their best to resolve your concerns or queries on the spot, or as quickly as possible. If you want to make an informal comment or a compliment you can speak to any member of the social care team.

Complaints process

Once your complaint has been received we will acknowledge it within three working days. We will contact you to discuss your complaint and agree a timescale for resolving the complaint. If the investigation is likely to take longer than originally agreed we will contact you again and agree an alternative timescale with you.

It may be necessary to share your details with other organisations who are involved in your complaint. This will be discussed with you.

Further advice 

If, after receiving your complaint response letter from the Director of Adult Social Care, you are still dissatisfied, you can ask the Local Government Ombudsman to look into your complaint. You can contact the Local Government Ombudsman on:

  • Local Government Ombudsman
    PO Box 4771
    CV4 0EH
  • Telephone: 0300 061 0614 or 0845 6021983
  • Fax: 024 7682 0001
  • Email:
  • Text service: text ‘call back’ to 07624803014

Adult Social Care annual complaints report 2014/15

Size: 354.04 KB File format: pdf