Independent financial advice

We understand that you may be making important changes about how you live and need information and help to ensure you make decisions that are right for you.

Although we have lots of information available to help you, we always recommend that you talk to someone completely independent about money matters, particularly if you are thinking of moving into a care home, and especially if you own a property. You can obtain independent financial advice by contacting any of the following organisations:

Money Advice Service
Valuable advice on how to choose a financial adviser
Telephone: 0300 500 5000

Social Care Institute for Excellence
Advice around care costs, help you may be entitled to and a ‘paying for care’ calculator.
Telephone: 0207 766 7400

Society of Later Life Advisers
Search and select an accredited financial adviser in your area.
Telephone: 0845 303 2909

Age UK Peterborough
A range of advice for older people to help prepare and plan for later years.
Telephone: 0800 169 6565

Independent Age
A charity providing advice and support for older people.
Telephone: 0800 319 6789                                                                                                                        

Financial Conduct Authority
Financial advisers must be regulated by the FCA, you may check an adviser’s authenticity by visiting the FCA website.
Telephone: 0300 500 8082

Peterborough Care Directory
Search our directory for a number of financial advisors. The council does not endorse any of these individual organisations.