Our training programme is provided to:
- Help you to develop your workforce, through improving knowledge and skills
- Ensure the workforce are competent and confident in delivering effective person centred care and support.
- Facilitate the promotion of health and well being
- Promote and support people to maintain their independence
Courses are free of charge to care and support providers within the Private, Voluntary and Independent sector in Peterborough, including Personal Assistants.
We have taken on board feedback received from previous years when developing this year’s training programme.
Please note: we have made some changes to our cancellation policy and terms and conditions.
CPD online is a tool that allows you to book onto all training provided by both in house and external trainers. It is a directory and booking system for professional development and training opportunities.
You can access the full training schedule for Workforce Development by clicking on the area of work appropriate to you.
You will need to login to book courses, to create an account email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details:
- Email address
- Work base address
- Managers Name
How to cancel a booking
If you are unable to attend please cancel your place as soon as possible and rearrange on CPD online. If you do not have access to CPD online contact 01733 207133 or email email@example.com.
The phone has a 24 hour voicemail, so if you do need to leave a message, please advise:
- Name being cancelled
- Course name
- Course date
- Reason for cancelling
- Contact telephone number
Please note if you are more than 15 minutes late you may be asked to leave the session, this is at the trainers discretion. Certificates will only be given to attendees that attend the full session.
Cancellation of any training session
Due to the participative nature of the sessions, if we do not have a sufficient number of people booked on or less than the minimum number of candidates arrive on the day we will cancel the session. All delegates that are booked on will be contacted and offered alternative dates where available. Please ensure your correct contact details are entered fully onto CPD.
If you have any specific needs, please contact the Workforce Development team on 01733 207133 or firstname.lastname@example.org at the earliest opportunity.
The Skills for Care Workforce Development Fund (WDF) is open to social care employers and is a contribution towards the cost of completing units and qualifications. This means you can claim back a proportion of the costs of the learning and development of your staff.
The costs to you as an employer may be that of the qualification itself or alternatively other employer contributions you may make whilst supporting your staff achieve their qualifications (salary costs, mentoring costs, venue costs for training, backfill etc.).
The amount of funding you can claim will depend on the qualification chosen, the units selected and how many credits make up those units.
Funding is paid at £15 per credit, for example:
- Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care = up to £690
- Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care = up to £870
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children’s and Young Peoples Services = up to £1200
You can find out more about the Workforce Development Fund on the Cambridgeshire County Council website. The WDF Guidance document is a good place to start and will give you an overview of the process and the steps you need to take in order to join our Partnership. You will also find a membership form, an employer factsheet and a list of the units and qualifications covered by the funding stream.
The WDF Partnership for Cambridgeshire and Peterborough is managed by the Workforce Development Team at Cambridgeshire County Council. Please contact Ruth Heard for further information by email Ruth.Heard@cambridgeshire.gov.uk or phone 01223 699319.
Our e-Learning Zone provides you with a range of courses which you can access from any computer, either at work or at home, when and where you need it. We hope you enjoy your experience of the e-Learning Zone and find it beneficial for your career development.
If you would like to create a user account please ask you line manager to email email@example.com with the following details:
- Work email address please identify if this is a shared email or unique to the individual
- Organisations name and address
In order to access learning pool the following is required:
- Internet access
- Internet Explorer 8 or later
- Up-to-date flash player
- All courses within this site open in a new window. To allow this process to happen pop-ups will need to be enabled for this site.
- Once you have submitted your booking request, it will go through an approval process via your manager/ organisation's nominated CPD coordinator. The request will then go to the Workforce Development Team.
- After your booking has been approved, you will receive a confirmation email to your chosen address. Once this email has been sent, your booking is confirmed and you are then committed to attend that event.
- Please note that bookings cannot be taken without a manager's/CPD leader's authorisation.
- Applicants should not attend the event(s) applied for unless they have received an email from CPD confirming you have been allocated a place. Delegates that attend without having received a confirmation will be turned away on the day.
- Waiting list places are allocated against the event(s) applied for. If places become available they are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. You will not be automatically notified of, or booked onto, any future sessions.
- By authorising staff on the training, the line manager is confirming the applicant has a sufficient understanding of the English language. The applicant will be required to participate fully in discussions, group work and to undertake assessments of learning where required.
- You authorise the member of staff from your organisation/service to attend the event.
- You have discussed the suitability of the training event with the applicant and jointly assessed the current skills, knowledge and ability as required.
- Any cancellation made by you or a member of staff from your organisation/service will result in a fee being charged to your organisation/service in accordance with our cancellation policy, outlined in the table below. If the applicant has a place confirmed and does not attend the event indicated on this form without prior notice, they will be considered a non-attendee and your organisation/service will be charged as appropriate.
Cancellation and non-attendance