Make a children's social care complaint

Our Children's Social Care department is committed to providing a quality service to the people of Peterborough.

How to make a complaint or a comment

If you want to make a complaint, you may contact our complaints team. You can do this in person, by phone or in writing. This should be done within 12 months of the incident occurring or the date when you became aware of it. 

You can contact our Children's Social Care complaints team by using one of the following:

Complaints guide

Size: 131.38 KB File format: pdf

We encourage our staff to help you deal with any concerns or complaints in a friendly, confidential manner and they will do their best to explain the process to you.  

Complaints process

Once your complaint has been received we will review whether it could be considered under the complaints process and we will let you know within three working days. If the investigation is likely to take longer than originally agreed we will contact you again and agree an alternative timescale with you.

If your complaint is about the social care element of an Education, Health and Care Plan, you can find lots of useful information about dispute resolution and mediation on the Local Offer.

It may be necessary to share your details with other organisations who are involved in your complaint. This will be discussed with you.

Processing Request