The nationally funded Troubled Families programme, known within Peterborough as Connecting Families, is coordinated through the Early Help team.
The Connecting Families programme is directed at families with multiple and complex needs across at least two of the following categories:
- Parents or children involved in crime or anti-social behaviour
- Children who are not attending school regularly or have been excluded repeatedly
- Adults or young people out of work or at risk of worklessness and financial exclusion
- Families affected by domestic violence and abuse
- Children who need help
- Family members who have mental or physical health difficulties or issues with substance misuse
Members of the Early Help team can offer information, support and advice about the range of services available through this programme and can be contacted by emailing HelpWithCaf@peterborough.gov.uk or call 01733 863649.