Guidance for shoppers
The number of cases of COVID-19 in Peterborough remains high.
So, if you’re planning a trip to the city centre it’s as important as ever to stay COVID-19 safe to protect you, your loved ones and your community. Remember to keep your distance, meet up as much as possible in the fresh air or in well ventilated spaces, take your two lateral flow tests a week, continue with good hand hygiene and get both doses of your vaccine.
In order for all shoppers to have a safe and enjoyable trip, we recommend the following:
- Follow social distancing signs and floor markings
- Wear a face covering in indoor spaces.
- Maintain social distancing
- Sign into the venue or use NHS Test and Trace
- 'Hands, Face, Space and Fresh Air'
- Be considerate of other shoppers, particularly those with restricted mobility
- Be considerate of staff working in stores, they are doing their best to keep you safe
- Use contactless or phone/app payment where possible
- Sanitise your hands regularly while shopping
- If you're taking the bus into town, please visit the Traveline website for timetable enquiries and check with operators on any recent service changes
- Do not go shopping if you have experienced any COVID-19 symptom
- Meet up as much as possible in the fresh air or in well ventilated spaces
- Take your two lateral flow tests a week
- Get your vaccine - both doses
- Please check with hospitality venues ahead of your visit to ensure they are open
How we're making Peterborough City Centre COVID-19 safe
Peterborough City Council has taken the following steps to make the city centre COVID-19 secure:
- Pavement widening and a pop-up bike lane to help pedestrians/cyclists
- We would encourage people walk or cycle into the city wherever possible
- Introducing an open-air 'café-style' culture across the city for restaurants/cafés
- Installing clear signage and floor/seat markings to help people know where to stand
- Improved cleaning of the city centre - including targeted daily deep-clean hotwashes
- Hand sanitising stations throughout the city centre