The Health and Wellbeing Strategy allows the Health and Wellbeing Board to identify priorities and set clear markers for NHS Peterborough and Local Authority commissioners to meet the needs of the population.
The strategy includes five targeted areas, which are a priority to improve the health and wellbeing of everyone in Peterborough and is underpinned by the findings and recommendations from the Joint Strategic Needs Assessment for Peterborough. Our priorities are to:
- ensure that children and young people have the best opportunities in life to enable them to become healthy adults and make the best of their life chances
- narrow the gap between those neighbourhoods and communities with the best and worst health outcomes
- enable older people to stay independent and safe and to enjoy the best possible quality of life
- enable good child and adult mental health through effective, accessible health promotion and early intervention services
- maximise the health and wellbeing and opportunities for independent living for people with life-long disabilities and complex needs.
You can see the Health and Welbeing Board agenda and minutes in the council meetings section.
Integrated Healthy Lifestyles Service consultation
Peterborough residents are being asked for their views on a proposed integrated service to improve local health and wellbeing by providing information, signposting and support to help people to stop smoking, improve levels of physical activity and exercise or to lose weight.
You can find out more about the Integrated Healthy Lifestyles Service consultation in the consultations section.