Youth health champions are volunteers who help young people in Peterborough to talk about youth health.
It's an exciting role for young people who wish to make a difference towards increasing the accessibility of health services for young people, including sexual health, emotional well-being and weight management.
Youth Health Champions
Youth health champions work with young people across the local area, helping them develop healthier, more active lifestyles. As a champion you’ll get lots of training and support, and it’s a chance for you to use your energy and ideas to make a difference to the wellbeing of other young people.
As a youth health champion you can:
- Commit as much or as little time as you want.
- Receive training, advice and support.
- Get in touch with individuals or groups of young people that can benefit from your help.
- Arrange activities, including organising a bake-off to running a street dance session - the choice is yours!
What you will gain
- Accredited qualifications, which can be the equivalent to GCSEs and look great on your CV.
- Experience of working with people - helping your job prospects, especially if you want a career in health and social care, marketing or events.
- Chance to meet new people and make new friends.
- Free training and networking opportunities.
- Lots of self-confidence.
If you are interested in becoming a youth health champion or would like more information, please get in touch with us: