Youth health champions are volunteers who help young people in Peterborough to talk about youth health.
It's an exciting role for young people who wish to make a difference towards increasing the accessibility of health services for young people, including sexual health, emotional wellbeing and weight management.
Youth Health Champions newsletter
The Youth Health Champions newsletter bringing you information about health related activities for young people to help them adopt a healthier lifestyle.
Youth health champions work with young people across the local area, helping them develop healthier, more active lifestyles. As a champion you’ll get lots of training and support, and it’s a chance for you to use your energy and ideas to make a difference to the wellbeing of other young people.
As a youth health champion you can:
- Commit as much or as little time as you want.
- Receive training, advice and support.
- Get in touch with individuals or groups of young people that can benefit from your help.
- Arrange activities, including organising a bake-off to running a street dance session - the choice is yours!
What you will gain
- Accredited qualifications, which can be the equivalent to GCSEs and look great on your CV.
- Experience of working with people - helping your job prospects, especially if you want a career in health and social care, marketing or events.
- Chance to meet new people and make new friends.
- Free training and networking opportunities.
- Lots of self-confidence.
If you are interested in becoming a youth health champion or would like more information, please get in touch with us: