Report a concern

Abuse can happen anywhere – in a residential or nursing home, in someones own home, in a hospital, in the workplace, at a day centre or educational establishment, in supported housing or in the street.

Who to call

If you have a concern, suspicion or allegation that an adult is being subjected to harm, abuse or neglect you should contact:

  • Non-urgent referrals - contact customer services
  • Emergency referrals -
    • within office hours, please contact customer services 
    • outside office hours, please call Emergency Duty Team on 01733 234724
  • If you think a crime has taken place, you may call the Police on 101 for non-emergencies or 999 in an emergency.

If your concern relates to a child or young person, please visit safeguarding children

What we will do

When any form of abuse is reported to us, we will: 

  • discuss the concern with you, to determine the severity and what actions we must take
  • visit you, or the person you are concerned about straight away, if there is an immediate danger
  • visit the person you are concerned about within 24 hours, if there is a significant risk of harm
  • visit the person you are concerned about within 5 working days, for other reports of abuse
  • work with the person who is being abused, to help them make any decisions
  • provide help and support to the person who is being abused
  • take action to end the abuse and ensure it does not happen again.

Information is not usually shared without permission of the person who it concerns. The exceptions to this are:

  • situations where others may be at risk of abuse and the person is not able to make decisions for themselves because of mental incapacity
  • where a crime has been committed and information is requested by the police under their powers
  • we will always inform you if we have to share information about you without your consent.