Abuse is everybody’s business, Safeguarding is our responsibility.
The board is one of the key mechanisms for ensuring effective partnership working for the safeguarding of adults at risk of abuse and neglect in Peterborough. The Peterborough Safeguarding Adults Board meets quarterly, and is made up of representatives from:
- Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust
- Cambridgeshire Community Services
- Cambridgeshire Constabulary
- Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service
- Carers Partnership Board
- East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust
- Independent Providers
- NHS Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Clinical Commissioning Group
- Peterborough and Stamford Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Peterborough City Council (representation from Adult Social Care, Community Safety, Children’s Services and including the lead member for adult services)
- Peterborough Regional College
- City College Peterborough
- Peterborough Voluntary Sector representatives (including Peterborough and Fenland Mind and Age UK Peterborough)
- National Probation Trust
- Axiom Housing
- To ensure the safeguarding of adults at risk in Peterborough, to prevent abuse and neglect happening within the community and in service settings
- To provide independent governance and audit of safeguarding practices and to promote the safeguarding interests of vulnerable adults to enable their wellbeing and safety
- To promote, inform and support the work to safeguard adults in Peterborough across all the partnership agencies
- To develop Peterborough’s strategic safeguarding policies, and ensure the inclusion of these polices in all agencies strategy documents and plans.
Size: 295.92 KB File format: pdf
Size: 9.87 KB File format: pdf
The Peterborough Safeguarding Adults multi-agency policies and procedures have been developed to meet the requirements of “no secrets” and the Association of Adult Social Services National Framework. These procedures should be used in conjunction with partnership and individual organisations procedures on related issues.