A naming ceremony is designed to provide a dignified and formal opportunity to welcome a new member to the family and to the community.
During the non-religious ceremony you can announce the names that you have chosen, make commitment promises to your child and also choose other adults to provide support. Family and friends are usually invited to share in the occasion.
These ceremonies are not just for babies - children of any age can have a naming ceremony. A commemorative certificate will be signed and presented as part of the ceremony.
The ceremony can be associated with a special anniversary but is just as appropriate for couples at any stage of their marriage or partnership who wish to celebrate their commitment to each other.
A commemorative certificate of the renewal of vows ceremony will be signed and presented during the event.
This non-religious ceremony is chosen by you to create a unique event to be remembered and shared by your family and friends.
Our fee includes a commemorative certificate of the occasion and a personalised copy of your ceremony script which will be presented to you as a lasting memento of the day. At the booking appointment we will discuss your ceremony requirements and collect the appropriate fee. We accept payment by cash, cheque/postal order or credit/debit card. Please note that payments by credit/debit cards are subject to a £1 administration charge.
|Ceremonies held in the Lawns room or at a licensed venue:||Monday to Thursday*||Friday and Saturday||Sunday**|
|1 April 2017 to 31 March 2018||£230||£340||£390|
|1 April 2018 to 31 March 2019||£240||£360||£410|
* Midweek Lawns ceremonies are only held on Mondays
** Sunday ceremonies at licensed venues only - not at the Lawns
Please note: Ceremonies are not held on a bank holiday. Other than assistance dogs, we do not allow animals at ceremonies.
In the event that you need to cancel a ceremony for which you have already paid, you will be required to provide your request in writing to Peterborough register office and it will be subject to the following guidelines:
- six months or more notice of cancellation - full refund (less a £20 administration fee)
- three to six months notice of cancellation - 50% refund (less a £20 administration fee)
- less than three months notice of cancellation (or failure to cancel) - no refund
- in the event that you need to change the date of your ceremony a £20 administration fee will be payable
- in the event that you need to change the time of your ceremony no administration fee will be charged.