In conjunction with the National Landlords Association (NLA), the Landlord Accreditation Scheme is an excellent way of improving a landlord’s knowledge of the sector, whilst giving them the ability to promote themselves as a competent and responsible person.
NLA Accreditation is a development based scheme which requires the completion of a foundation course and subsequent continued professional development, with all aspects of the scheme being able to be completed online or in attendance.
Landlords are able to become members of the scheme whether a member of the NLA or not, although the minimum requirement is membership of their online library system, enabling access to all of the NLA's online resources, and to complete the mandatory foundation course.
Landlords who become accredited through the scheme, will benefit from incentives offered by either the NLA, or Peterborough City Council and these include:
- recognition from a national scheme, irrespective of where the landlord operates
- improved knowledge of property management and legislation
- competitive advantage over local competition
- use of the NLA, and Peterborough City Council accreditation logos
- certificate of accredited status from the NLA, and one of recognition from Peterborough City Council
- free local seminars and workshops, dependant on landlord needs and requests.
Feedback from landlords on what they would like to see in place to encourage accreditation is always welcome by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register as an accredited landlord
Once having fulfilled the requirements by the NLA to become accredited, landlords are asked to provide the following information, in order for them to be recognised locally as an accredited landlord:
- name, as it appears on the NLA membership card, or NLA Accreditation certificate
- NLA membership number, found on the issued accreditation certificate
- pdf copy of the issued NLA Accreditation certificate
- your address, telephone number and email address for future correspondence.
These details should be emailed to email@example.com.
Accredited landlord register
All NLA accredited landlords in Peterborough are listed below, along with their membership number. You can confirm if someone is a member of the NLA accreditation scheme by searching the online register on the NLA website using their membership number.
|Landlord name||Membership number|
|Akram, Mohammed T||164149|
|Anderson, Margaret J||111622|
|Bugalski, Bruno||169689/0 (RLA)|
|Julien, Steve||Not required|
|Lopez, Maris Christina Gaston||86301|