The 2017 film awards are the 12th consecutive Children’s Film Awards in Peterborough.
The 2017 Children's Film Awards
The Peterborough Safeguarding Children’s Board award on Children's Mental Health is open to both students and teachers.
A special thanks goes to Oliver Kirkman of Hampton Hargate Primary School for creating the logo, which won the 2016 competition to promote this great event and has been adopted as the official event logo.
Films will be judged according to the following year group categories:
- Early Years Foundation Stage
- Year’s 1 and 2
- Year’s 3 and 4
- Year’s 5 and 6
The following criteria will be taken into consideration:
- Originality of the script
- Use of variety of camera angles and shots
- Quality of performance (e.g. live action or vocal in animated films)
- Quality of editing and continuity
- Quality of costumes, props, sets (live action) Please note: if props are used please ensure logos are NOT seen.
- Quality of models, artwork, sets (animation)
- Technical quality of animation
- Use of music including soundtrack (please refer to guidelines)
- Use of sound or special effects as appropriate
- Overall entertainment / interest of film
2017 Peterborough Children's Film Awards winners
The winners of this year's awards:
|Early Years Foundation Stage||The Fulbridge Academy||Fulbridge Animal Hospital|
|Years 1 & 2||The Peterborough School||Shape of You|
|Years 3 & 4||The Fulbridge Academy||Mindfulness Club|
|Years 5 & 6||Nene Valley Primary School||Stay Strong|
|Peterborough Safeguarding Children Board||Nene Valley Primary School||Stay Strong|
|Best Soundtrack||Hampton Hargate Primary School||We Are Never Ever Giving Back the Treasure|
|Warwick Davis Award (Best Overall Film)||The Peterborough School||Shape of You|