Transferring to Junior School

If you live in Peterborough and your child is in Year 2 at an infant school and due to transfer to Year 3, you will need to apply for a Year 3 place at a junior school.

You can apply for a place in the junior school linked to your child’s infant school, to any other junior school or you can apply through an in-year process for a Year 3 place in a primary school.

However, if you express a preference for a primary school, you need to understand that it is most likely that the year group will be full with children already in the school and no additional places are created for those seeking a place in Year 3.

Primary school admission booklet 2019-20

Size: 1.31 MB File format: pdf

To apply for a junior school place you should apply online.

'In-Year' Application

To apply for a primary school place you should complete an ‘In-Year’ application form.

Applying for a primary school place will mean that you are added to the current Year 2 waiting list for that school (if one exists). If a place becomes available before the following September you will have to decide whether to take the place offered with an immediate start date or refuse the place and re-apply at the end of the school year.

In-year school application form

Size: 178.84 KB File format: pdf

Some schools may require parents/carers to complete a SIF (Supplementary Information Form) to enable the governing body of the school to assess your child’s application correctly. Please contact the school concerned to request a form. Completed supplementary information forms must be sent direct to the school to be received no later than the closing date stipulated by the school.

Proof of address guide

Size: 82.51 KB File format: pdf

Processing Request