By registering your child, you will be made aware of specific support and leisure activities available in your local area. The Family Information Service maintains the Voluntary Disability Register for Peterborough.
The register also helps us to ensure parents have the most up to date information and to help plan future services.
The register is completely voluntary and confidential of all children and young people aged 0 to 19 whose parents or carers have notified us of a disability or additional need that impacts on their day to day life.
This information is then used to determine where funding could be best used for optimum benefits.
Benefits of registering
- your child’s needs can be considered when decisions are made about where funds are used
- you will be kept informed about support, activities or services
- you will be issued with a photo ID card for your child, which could enable certain privileges for you and/or your child.
Please download and complete the registration form available to the right and return it to the address given on the form.
Alternatively, you may speak with the Family Information Service team on 01733 864446 or email FIS@peterborough.gov.uk with the following information;
- parent/carers name and address
- daytime telephone number
- child’s name and date of birth
- child’s school or nursery
- any medical diagnosis information
- details on most significant needs.
If you are the parents/guardians of a disabled child with physical or learning disability then occupational therapy in the community can help you.