Post-16 students with special educational needs
Like academies, all post-16 providers receive their main funding directly from the Education Funding Agency. However, the funding for students with special educational needs follows the same principles as for mainstream schools and academies.
They will receive:
- Element 1 – core funding for each student calculated by a national 16 to 19 funding system
- Element 2 – an allocation of up to £6,000 to support identified students with special educational needs based on agreed numbers
- Element 3 – top-up funding from the council to meet the agreed needs of individual pupils placed with them who require additional support.
This funding applies to:
- Mainstream school sixth forms
- Sixth form colleges
- Post-16 in special schools
- Colleges of further education
- Specialist colleges
- Other providers such as training providers
- Out of county post-16 providers
Have your say
We want to make sure that Peterborough's Local Offer continues to develop to meet the needs of children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities, and their families To let us know your views please fill in our online feedback form.