Family Voice Peterborough
Family Voice Peterborough is a local registered charity who are actively seeking to improve services in all areas of the lives of children and young people with disabilities or additional needs. They support parents and carers of children and young people aged 0—25 years with a disability or additional needs.
Family Voice Peterborough send parent reps and trustees to attend strategic meetings in relation to various strands of the SEND reforms.
The service they provide includes:
- Helping parents and carers engage with professionals across Health, Education and Social Care.
- Facilitating participation in service delivery.
- Providing a voice for parents at strategic level meetings
- Holding informative events
- Helping parents and carers have access to the information about what services are available to them.
- Signposting parents and carers to other agencies/ organisations who provide specific services that they do not.
To ensure parents and carers have a genuine influence in the shaping of services
- Facilitate participation in service delivery
- To raise awareness of unmet needs and ensure that parents and carers have the opportunity to raise issues and areas of concern
- To work in partnership with all other statutory and voluntary organisations
- To be a positive force to encourage and ensure that the local authority improves services for our children and young people
- To be the strategic consultative body within Peterborough representing families of children and young people with disabilities and additional needs
Click here to open the Family Voice Contact form.
Family Voice Office Address:
Family Voice Telephone number: 01733 685510
Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) Services - Survey
Family Voice Peterborough (FVP) are undertaking a survey to gain an idea of how Peterborough City Council (PCC) and Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) are currently doing in relation to Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) Services
The survey uses questions parent carers were asked during Cambridgeshire's inspection and have kindly been given to FVP by Pinpoint, the parent carer forum for Cambridgeshire.
Family Voice Peterborough want to gather as many responses as possible to help give PCC and the CCG an idea of how SEND is experienced in Peterborough. This information will be shared with commissioners for them to see where and how services may need to be improved from the perspective of parent carers across Peterborough.
The survey will be issued now, the week before Peterborough are inspected and again approximately three months after the inspection. Peterborough do not know when they will be inspected (only that it could be anytime in the next three years) and so there may be a time lag between surveys.
You can take the survey by clicking here
Have your say
We want to make sure that Peterborough's Local Offer continues to develop to meet the needs of children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities, and their families To let us know your views please fill in our online feedback form.