Peterborough City Council is informing residents and motorists about road closures around the city for this year's Perkins Great Eastern Run.
Both the half marathon and the Anna's Hope fun run will start and finish on The Embankment. The 5km fun run starts at 10am on Sunday October 14 and the half marathon follows at 10.30am.
Entries to both races close at midday on Friday 12 October at midday. There are no entries available on the day itself.
To ensure the race goes as smoothly as possible the council will be closing several roads on the 13.1 mile route.
The following roads will be closed between 9.30am and 10.45am: Rivergate, Bourges Boulevard (southbound) from the Queensgate roundabout, Priestgate, Cathedral Square, Long Causeway and Broadway.
In general, all other roads along the route will be closed from 9.30am until 2pm. However, as the last runner passes each mile point, that road junction will reopen.
The mile points and approximate reopening times are:
- 1 mile - 11am - Broadway to Northminster
- 2 mile - 11.15am - Park Road to Park Crescent (two way route opens on return)
- 3 mile - 11.30am - Fulbridge Road to Foxdale (two way route opens on return)
- 4 mile - 11.45am - Paston Ridings to Witham Way
- 5 mile - 12pm - Corfe Avenue to Rockingham Grove
- 6 mile - 12.15pm - Lincoln Road to Staverton Road
- 7 mile - 12.30pm - David's Lane to Hodgson Avenue
- 8 mile - 12.45pm - Fulbridge Road to Aster Drive
- 9 mile - 1pm - Donaldson Drive to Pratt Avenue
- 10 mile - 1.15pm - Fulbridge Road to Tennyson Road
- 11 mile - 1.30pm - Dogsthorpe Road to Park Road
- 12 mile - 1.45pm - Eastfield Road to Boongate
- 13 mile - 2pm - Embankment - finish
Annette Joyce, Peterborough City Council's Service Director, Environment and Economy, said: "With the Perkins Great Eastern Run fast approaching it's important residents and businesses take note of these road closures.
"The race is one of the biggest events on our annual calendar and we expect many hundreds of residents and visitors to come out and support the runners along the course.
"However, we always want to minimise the impact on other residents by ensuring they know in advance about the necessary road closures we need to put in place. We would like to thank road users for their cooperation during this event."
Entries to the half marathon and fun run can be made online, visit the Perkins Great Eastern Run website for more information.
For road closure enquiries, please call: 01777 705053 (option 2) between the hours of 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.
The council, in association with RingGo cashless parking, has introduced a special offer for runners to park all day in council car parks for just £3 when you use RingGo cashless parking.
By registering with RingGo you will save time by avoiding ticket machine queues and save money.