Aragon Direct Services is a trading company of Peterborough Limited, a private limited company in its own right, created as a new local authority trading company by Peterborough City Council (PCC).
This private company has been set up so that we can operate with a commercial mindset to generate revenues to offset the PCC subsidy, but always be focused on operating for the benefit of the residents and businesses in Peterborough.
Passenger Transport Driver- Part Time/Term Time Only
Aragon Direct Services (a trading name of Peterborough Limited) are recruiting a part time Passenger Transport Driver to work as part of their team based in Peterborough.
The main purpose of this role is to maintain a safe environment for pupils accessing transport services. Where required, working with a passenger assistant to provide high quality school transport service throughout the designated area, providing the service user with a positive experience of our transport services and reflect the values of Aragon Direct Services.
Hours of work:
- 2 hours in the morning approx. 0715 – 0915 and;
- 2 hours in the afternoon approx. 1430 -1630.
Monday – Friday, during term time.
What does the role involve:
- To collect and deliver allocated clients from designated pick up points, to their destination, ensuring at all times that they are safe and comfortable, and that when travelling all occupants of the vehicle are securely strapped in position using the full range of restrain systems provided.
- Report any concerns over behavioural, physical, mental or other health needs of the clients to the school and/or line manager. Completing accident forms where required.
- Deliver the clients to the safe custody of their designated drop off point.
- Complete regular bus pass checks and report any issues.
- To undertake daily vehicle checks before use and at the end of each day (brakes, oil, water, tyres, cleanliness and any vehicle damage).
- To clean and maintain, whilst in possession, the vehicle (inside and out) and to report when interior/exterior clean is required.
- Responsible for maintaining and conducting oneself in a professional manner towards colleagues and other agencies.
- Display a good attitude to our clients, school staff, visitors, public and colleagues.
- Full unrestricted D1 or Full PSV Licence
- Driver CPC Qualification
Based in Peterborough, this is a part time, term time only, permanent opportunity. In addition to a competitive salary, we also offer an attractive benefits package including pension scheme, holidays and life assurance scheme.
Interested? Then please submit your application by emailing your CV to HR@aragondirect.co.uk.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 26 September 2019.
Aragon Direct Services (a trading name of Peterborough Limited) are expanding their Refuse Collection Team and are looking for a Driver to work as part of their team based in Peterborough. The main purpose is to collect refuse/recycling from residential properties and dispose of at the appropriate waste collection sites.
As a Driver, your duties will include:
- Collect refuse/recycling from requested locations and dispose of at the appropriate waste collection sites
- Carry out daily vehicle inspections and complete appropriate paperwork
- Drive as directed
- Operate the compaction controls of a company vehicle when required
- Operate the ‘in cab device’
- Ensure that were premises, gates, barriers are unlocked to gain access and they are re locked, paying particular attention to the safeguarding of keys
- Carry out and assist with Loading responsibilities as required
- Ensure paperwork is completed fully and passed to relevant Supervisor
- Ensure the satisfactory completion of work in accordance with instructions
- Ensure compliance with both company vehicle policy and all legislative requirements
You will have:
- Driver CPC Qualification
- Full Category C Driving Licence
- Basic literacy skills
- Driving Experience
- Experience of using a Digital Tachograph Card- desirable - training will be provided
- Flexible approach to hours of work
- Health and Safety awareness and knowledge of Health and Safety requirements
- Manual handling
Based in Peterborough, this is a full time (Tuesday – Friday), permanent opportunity.
In addition to a competitive salary, we also offer an attractive benefits package including pension scheme, holidays and life assurance scheme.
As part of the Induction process all applicants will undergo a drug and alcohol test.
Interested? Then please submit your application by Thursday 26 September 2019.