Report it online
You can use our forms and online service tools to make reports and requests to Peterborough City Council, including;
- Missed bin collections, requests for a new bin, requests for new food caddy
- Fly-tipping, litter, graffiti and street cleansing
- Potholes, abandoned vehicles, public drains and street lighting
For all other enquiries regarding Peterborough City Council, please complete our online form.
Contact adult services
Before you contact us, please check whether the information you need is held within our Peterborough Information Network (PIN).
If you are concerned a vulnerable adult is being abused, or at risk of abuse, information on how this can be reported can be found online.
Freephone payment service
You can call our freephone number 0800 389 1977 to make payments to:
- Council Tax
- Business Rates
- Parking Fines (PCN)
- Housing Benefit overpayments
You can contact customer services by calling 01733 747474 (9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday). Please be aware that the call centre often has a high volumes of calls and waiting times vary, particularly during Monday, Thursday and Friday mornings and lunchtimes.
Or you can call specific departments directly.
Out of hours emergency contact numbers
Please only contact the emergency numbers outside of our normal business hours only (6pm - 8am and at weekends/on bank holidays):
- Social Care emergencies - 01733 234724
- Highway and Street Lighting emergencies - 0845 604 3127 (Calls cost 5p per minute plus your telephone company’s network access charge)
- Any other emergency out of normal business hours - 01733 864157
Visit the Customer Services Centre
While the Customer Service Centre is closed, limited service is being provided at the Town Hall (9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday).
Compliments and complaints
If you have received a particularly good service from the council, please let us know in our compliments form and we will pass on your comments.
Alternatively, to ensure we continue to improve our services, we also welcome any complaints you may have in these forms.
Jobs and careers
You can find out about available vacancies at the council on our jobs portal.
Press and media
All media enquiries and requests for interviews, filming and photography should be directed to our Communication Team news desk.