Report it online
You can use our forms and online service tools to make reports and requests to Peterborough City Council, including;
- Missed bin collections, requests for a new bin, requests for new food caddy
- Fly-tipping, litter, graffiti and street cleansing
- Potholes, abandoned vehicles, public drains and street lighting
For all other enquiries regarding Peterborough City Council, please complete our online form.
Contact adult services
Before you contact us, please check whether the information you need is held within our Peterborough Information Network (PIN).
If you are concerned a vulnerable adult is being abused, or at risk of abuse, information on how this can be reported can be found online.
Freephone payment service
You can call our freephone number 0800 389 1977 to make payments to:
- Council Tax
- Business Rates
- Parking Fines (PCN)
- Housing Benefit overpayments
You can contact customer services by calling 01733 747474 (9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday). Please be aware that the call centre often has a high volumes of calls and waiting times vary, particularly during Monday, Thursday and Friday mornings and lunchtimes.
Or you can call specific departments directly.
You can also visit our customer services desk based at Peterborough Town Hall on Bridge Street. We are open between Monday and Friday, 9am to 5pm.
Please note we don't have any self-serve computers or phones available for public use.
Out of hours emergency contact numbers
Please only contact the emergency numbers outside of our normal business hours only (5pm - 9am and at weekends/on bank holidays):
- Social Care emergencies - 01733 234724
- Highway and Street Lighting emergencies - 0845 604 3127 (Calls cost 5p per minute plus your telephone company’s network access charge)
- Any other emergency out of normal business hours - 01733 864157
Complaints and feedback
We are committed to listening to the views of our residents to improve the services we provide. Visit our complaints and feedback page.
Jobs and careers
You can find out about available vacancies at the council on our jobs portal.
Press and media
All media enquiries and requests for interviews, filming and photography should be directed to our Communication Team news desk.