We use social media to engage in conversations with residents, promote events and activities, and answer questions about council services.
Our social media accounts
Peterborough City Council uses social media to communicate directly with residents in order to provide information on council services and promote activities which are of benefit to the wider community.
Follow the main council accounts for all of the latest news and information about the city:
Follow these other accounts on twitter and facebook for news about particular events, services, or campaigns:
Follow these other accounts on Instagram and YouTube for news about particular events, services, or campaigns:
The following organisations work in partnership with Peterborough City Council, follow the links below to find out more about connecting with these organisation through social media.
- Vivacity Peterborough - The culture and leisure trust responsible for Peterborough's sports centres, libraries, the museum and the Key Theatre.
- @greenerpboro twitter - delivers operational services on behalf of the council, including waste and recycling services.
Social media code of practice
When using social media we will:
- Provide our followers and/or friends with accurate information and honest responses at all times.
- Follow people or organisations who we feel may provide information which is useful or interesting to us as a council or to residents of Peterborough and the surrounding area.
- Only re-tweet or re-post messages which may be useful or interesting to residents Peterborough and the surrounding area.
- Respond to genuine questions asked directly to us where time and resources allow. We are only able to monitor our social media accounts during normal office hours.
- Not engage in any politically motivated conversations or promote any political organisations.
- Not respond to any offensive or inappropriate messages and will remove where possible.
We ask that any messages posted on/to Peterborough City Council social media accounts follow these rules:
- Do not use unlawful, libellous, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, or racially offensive language.
- Are relevant to the particular account.
- Do not post the same message more than once (also called "spamming").
- Do not advertise products or services or ask that Peterborough City Council endorse any products or services.
- Do not impersonate someone else.