LEAP (Local Energy Advice Partnership) is a free energy and money saving advice service. We provide the service in partnership with AgilityEco.
Green Energy Switch, based in Peterborough, provides the LEAP Home Energy Assessors who carry out a full energy audit of the home. They give energy saving tips and advice to help householders save money on bills. The service also includes:
- Installation of free and simple energy saving measures - such as LED lightbulbs, draught proofing, letter box brushes, reflective radiator panels, hot water cylinder insulation etc
- Referrals through to Incomemax who can carry out income / benefit maximisation checks, bill management advice and debt advice as well as having routes into the utility companies' customer support services and charities for residents who are struggling with their bills
- Referrals onto Government funding streams for larger scale energy efficiency measures for boiler repair, boiler replacement, loft, cavity, external and internal wall and underfloor insulation, solar panels and low carbon technologies
Apply now on the LEAP website or call freephone 0800 060 7567.
Peterborough City Council's Winter Warmth Funding 2023/2024
Delivered through our Care and Repair Agency to vulnerable residents:
- People with cardiovascular conditions (stroke, high blood pressure, heart disease)
- People with respiratory conditions (in particular, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and childhood asthma)
- People with mental health conditions
- People with disabilities
- Older people (65+)
- Households with young children (from new-born to school age)
- Pregnant women
We can assist clients struggling to maintain warm homes with measures including:
- Boiler servicing, repair or replacement*
- Single glazed window and door replacement*
- Damp and mould advice*
*May be subject to a survey.
Are you a Peterborough homeowner with a household income less than £25,000 or in receipt of benefits such as:
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income Support
- Pension Guarantee Credit
- Child Tax Credit / Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
Call our Care and Repair Agency on 01733 863 895 or email email@example.com for more information.
Warmer Homes Scheme
HUG Grants are now available.
Home Upgrade Grant (HUG)
This supports low-income households in properties where the main source of heating is not gas and heated by oil, electric panel or energy inefficient storage heaters, LPG or solid fuel where there is no fixed heating system. Households are likely to be eligible for funding under this scheme if:
- The property has an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) rating of D, E, F or G (if an EPC hasn't been registered, the team can arrange for an EPC to be carried out) and either:
- The household has an annual total household income of £31,000 or less, before housing costs / bills
- The household receives a benefit listed under the ECO HHCRO criteria or is eligible under their local authority's ECO flexible eligibility statement of intent
Grants are available to homeowners. Private landlords need to contribute at least 33% of the cost. Eligible measures include:
- Loft, cavity, internal and external wall and under-floor insulation
- Room in roof insulation
- Park Home insulation
- Air Source Heat Pumps
- Solar panels
- Smart heating controls
You can find further information and full eligibility criteria for HUG grants by contacting Warmer Homes:
Any on-gas households that require insulation measures can apply for Warmer Homes' Connected for Warmth Insulation Scheme or via ECO4 and ECO4 Flex. See below.
Energy Company Obligation (ECO4)
The Government's ECO4 scheme aims to support the least energy-efficient homes in the UK. It focuses on low-income and vulnerable households.
To qualify, you must be a homeowner or private tenant and receive one of the following benefits:
- Income based Jobseekers Allowance (JSA)
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Income Support (IS)
- Pension Credit Guarantee Credit
- Working Tax Credit (WTC)
- Child Tax Credits (CTC)
- Universal Credit (UC)
- Housing Benefit (new eligible benefit under ECO4)
- Pension Credit Savings Credit (new eligible benefit under ECO4)
- Child Benefit
ECO4 funding is available for several measures including:
- Cavity wall insulation
- Gas boiler replacement / upgrade
- First time gas connection
- Heating controls upgrade
- Loft / room-in-roof insulation
- Solid wall insulation
- External insulation
Contact the Housing Programmes Team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Local Authority ECO4 Flex Eligibility
Local authorities can identify households not on one of the means-tested benefits shown above but are likely to be in fuel poverty or are vulnerable to the effects of living in a cold home.
We issue declarations to energy efficiency companies if they identify a household which meets the criteria for LA ECO4 Flexible Eligibility which has been published in a statement of intent on our Home Energy Efficiency page.
You can find a list of the installers we have onboarded below.
Please note these installers have not been accredited by Peterborough City Council but they have provided us with the necessary external accreditation, including Trustmark accreditation, enabling them to be onboarded to access Peterborough City Council's Declaration of Eligibility for ECO4 Flex funding.
|Ask Energy Solutions||www.askenergy.co.uk/|
|Broad Oak Properties||www.broadoakproperties.com/|
|Dyson Premier Connections||www.premierconnections.co.uk|
|ECO Subs UK||www.ecosubs.co.uk|
|Edan Power UK||www.edanpower.co.uk|
|Envo Energy Solutions||www.envoenergy.co.uk|
|Green Home Plans Ltd||www.greenhomeplans.co.uk|
|Green Key Installations||www.greenkeyinstallations.com|
|JM ECO Installers||www.jmecoinstallers.co.uk|
|Love to Save Energy||www.lovetosaveenergy.com|
|Network Energy Limited||www.networkenergyltd.co.uk|
|South Coast Insulation||www.scisltd.co.uk|
|Switch Energy Network LTD||www.switchenergynetwork.co.uk|
|Energy Smart Eco||www.energysmartgroup.com|
|Assist Eco Solutions||0121 630 3200|
Energy Saving Trust - A leading, impartial organisation helping homeowners and businesses to reduce their energy consumption by providing advice on how you can achieve a sustainable, low carbon lifestyle.