- income support
- income based Job Seekers Allowance
- income related Employment Support Allowance
- support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guarantee element of Pension Credit
- child tax credit - provided annual income assessed by HMRC does not exceed £16,190
- working tax credit - provided annual income assessment by HMRC does not exceed £16,190
- working tax credit “run-on” – the payment someone may receive for a further 4 weeks after they stop qualifying for working tax credit.
- Universal Credit - if you (and your partner, if applicable) are on a low income from work this usually means a combined income of less than £15,400 a year after tax.
Two-year-old children will qualify if:
- they attract Disability Living Allowance.
To apply, you must download, complete and return the application form at the bottom of this page. You must also supply the following supporting evidence:
- up-to-date evidence of your child’s Disability Living Allowance (DLA) in the form of a letter confirming this benefit.
Only a third party professional such as a social worker, health professional or practitioner can make a referral for a child under the following eligibility criteria:
- they have a current statement of SEN or an Education, Health and Care Plan
- they are looked after by the council
- they have left care through special guardianship, adoption or child arrangement order.
To apply, you must download, complete and return the application form at the bottom of this page. Additional information may be requested to support applications.
- Free childcare for three and four year olds.
- Further information on help with childcare costs can be found on the Gov.uk website.
The table below shows when your child could be eligible subject to the above criteria.
|A child born on or between||Could be eligible for a two-year-old place from (subject to criteria):|
|1 April and 31 August||1 September following their second birthday|
|1 September and 31 December||1 January following their second birthday|
|1 January and 31 March||1 April following their second birthday