Under certain circumstances, some organisations or businesses may be entitled to business rates relief.
- Charities and similar organisations
- Partly occupied property
- Rural businesses
- Small businesses
- Local discretionary rate relief
Relief is available where a non-domestic property is unoccupied and not in use:
- for the first three months there is no charge in respect of retail premises
- for the first six months there is no charge in respect of industrial premises
To apply for relief on an unoccupied property please email email@example.com, including your account number and mark the subject as "Unoccupied property".
At our discretion we can award up to 100% relief from business rates to ratepayers who are experiencing hardship. However, as we fund a significant part of this relief ourselves, cases will only be considered if they are in the interest of the community.
In order for us to consider granting hardship relief please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- The last 2 years accounts for the business
- A full explanation as to the reasons for the hardship.
Please make the subject heading "Hardship relief" and include your account number and/or property reference.