Skip to main content

Taxi and private hire vehicle complaints

There are three different teams / agencies that deal with complaints about taxis and private hire vehicles:


You should report the following type of incidents to Cambridgeshire Constabulary. If it is an ongoing emergency, call 999. 

  • You have witnessed a driving offence
  • You have received abuse, threats or harassment from a driver or operator
  • You have been the victim of an assault

Parking enforcement

You can report incidents involving parking offences to our Parking Enforcement Service. Please email

Licensing Authority

Contact the Licensing Team for all other complaints at Please include the following information:

  • Your full name
  • A contact telephone number
  • Details of the incident
  • Date and time of the incident
  • Location of the incident
  • If you have reported the incident to any other agency, such as Cambridgeshire Constabulary, Trading Standards, Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) etc

Please also include details of the vehicle, but not limited to:

  • Vehicle registration number
  • Licence plate colour (white or yellow)
  • Licence plate number
  • Make / model / colour of vehicle
  • Any company livery

How the Licensing Authority deals with your complaint

Once we have received your complaint, we will contact you within seven working days to discuss in further detail. We may ask you to provide a written witness statement, depending on the nature of the offence.

An investigation will begin. We may draw on support from partner agencies and teams such as:

  • Cambridgeshire Constabulary
  • British Transport Police
  • Trading Standards
  • Parking Enforcement

As the Licensing Authority, we have a range of powers and disposal options available. Upon completion of the investigation, we take the most appropriate action.

In cases where there is no independent witness / evidence, and there are conflicting accounts, the driver / operator may only receive words of advice. We will keep the incident on file should we receive any similar complaints. 

In other cases, the evidence may be compelling enough for us to sanction the licence or to open a prosecution case. In this case, we will require a written witness statement.