Temporary vacancies at Peterborough City Council are available through Opus People Solutions, our temporary recruitment agency.
Opus recruits to temporary roles across the council in areas including:
- Social work and social care
- Technical and professional
- Management and senior interim
If you are seeking short term work opportunities within the council, or are looking to gain experience within the public sector, please visit the Opus website for more information and to register.
You can find details of some current vacancies on Opus’ website, however by registering with Opus you will be notified first of any available and upcoming vacancies suited to your skills and requirements.
Benefits of registering with Opus for temporary work
- Candidates registered with Opus are first to hear about temporary opportunities within Peterborough City Council
- Opportunity to apply for permanent vacancies within the council as an ‘internal candidate’ (whilst in role)
- Recruitment team works directly with the council
- Holiday entitlement of 24 days per annum, pro-rata, plus bank holidays where applicable
- Permanent equivalent council pay rates offered from commencement
- Pension contribution from employer
- Gain experience within the public sector to support permanent applications.
How to register with Opus
Please send a copy of your CV along with any further information about the type work you are looking for and your availability.
The Opus Peterborough team will review your CV and then contact you to book a registration appointment if your skills and experience are suited to the type of work we have available.
Once registered, the Opus Peterborough team will notify you of roles suited to you.