How to bid
The council is looking for community minded residents to form new management groups, and take over the running of four community centres across the city.
Each of the centres would need to be operated as a social enterprise by a constituted group who would be responsible for overall management, including arranging bookings for groups, events and parties and generating a profit sufficient to cover day to day running costs and on-going repairs and maintenance.
Anyone interested in becoming part of a team at a community centre should complete the expression of interest form below and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. They will be required to complete a simple application form and will then be provided with an information pack about the centre. Once sufficient applications are received a successful applicant will be selected and notified.
Hodgson Community Centre
Hodgson Community Centre, Hodgson Avenue, Werrington, Peterborough, PE4 5EG
Southfields Community Centre
Southfields Community Centre, Southfields Avenue, Stanground, PE2 8PU.
- Has one main hall, with stage area
- Includes a small car park
- Has been serving the community for the past 25 years
- Well used by the local community
- Can accommodate approximately 60 seated in the hall
- Has a small fitted kitchen
- Has an established pre-school on site and large outside play areas (safe surfaced and grass)
- Activities already running include dog agility sessions, karate, judo, brownies, girl guides, indoor bowls, edge keep fit and belly dancing
- Has various storage sheds outside and one large scout hall style building (used by the scout group for storage)
Thistle Drive Community Centre
Thistle Drive, Wessex Close, Peterborough PE2 8JA
Walton Community Centre
Mountsteven Avenue, Peterborough PE4 6HX