Our Workforce Development training programme is provided to:
- Help you to develop your workforce, through improving knowledge and skills
- Ensure the workforce are competent and confident in delivering effective person centred care and support.
- Facilitate the promotion of health and well being
- Promote and support people to maintain their independence
Courses are free of charge to care and support providers within the Private, Voluntary and Independent sector in Peterborough, including Personal Assistants.
We have taken on board feedback received from previous years when developing this year’s training programme.
Book training online
Peterborough CPD Online is a directory and booking system for professional development and training opportunities, provided by Peterborough City Council. You can access the full training schedule for Workforce Development by visiting Peterborough CPD Online.
From the homepage, select the area of work appropriate to you, eg. for training open to the Private, Voluntary and Independent sector in Peterborough, click 'Adult Services' and then 'Private, Voluntary and Independent Sector'.
You will need to login to book courses, to create an account email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details:
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your work base address
- Your manager's name
For easy to follow instructions, relating to all CPD Online functions, please see the User Guide below.
The Workforce Development Team will continue to be on hand, to answer any queries which you have about this exciting change.
CPD online is a tool that allows you to book onto all training provided by both in house and external trainers. It is a directory and booking system for professional development and training opportunities.
You can access the full training schedule for Workforce Development by clicking on the area of work appropriate to you.
You will need to login to book courses, to create an account email email@example.com with the following details:
- Email address
- Work base address
- Manager's name
How to cancel a booking
If you are unable to attend please cancel your place as soon as possible and rearrange on CPD online. If you do not have access to CPD online contact 01733 207133 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The phone has a 24 hour voicemail, so if you do need to leave a message, please advise:
- Name being cancelled
- Course name
- Course date
- Reason for cancelling
- Contact telephone number
Cancellation of any training session
Due to the participative nature of the sessions, if we do not have a sufficient number of people booked on or less than the minimum number of candidates arrive on the day we will cancel the session. All delegates that are booked on will be contacted and offered alternative dates where available. Please ensure your correct contact details are entered fully onto CPD.
If you are more than 15 minutes late you may be asked to leave the session, this is at the trainers discretion. Certificates will only be given to attendees that attend the full session.
If you have any specific needs, please contact the Workforce Development team on 01733 207133 or email@example.com at the earliest opportunity.
Workforce Development Fund
The Skills for Care Workforce Development Fund (WDF) is open to social care employers and is a contribution towards the cost of completing units and qualifications. This means you can claim back a proportion of the costs of the learning and development of your staff.
The costs to you as an employer may be that of the qualification itself or alternatively other employer contributions you may make whilst supporting your staff achieve their qualifications (salary costs, mentoring costs, venue costs for training, backfill, etc.).
The amount of funding you can claim will depend on the qualification chosen, the units selected and how many credits make up those units.
Funding is paid at £15 per credit, for example:
- Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care = up to £690
- Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care = up to £870
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children’s and Young Peoples Services = up to £1200
You can find out more about the Workforce Development Fund on the Cambridgeshire County Council website. The WDF Guidance document is a good place to start and will give you an overview of the process and the steps you need to take in order to join our Partnership. You will also find a membership form, an employer factsheet and a list of the units and qualifications covered by the funding stream.
The WDF Partnership for Cambridgeshire and Peterborough is managed by the Workforce Development Team at Cambridgeshire County Council. Please contact Ruth Heard for further information by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01223 699319.
Terms and Conditions
- Once you have submitted your booking request, it will go through an approval process via your manager or organisation's nominated CPD coordinator. The request will then go to the Workforce Development Team.
- After your booking has been approved, you will receive a confirmation email to your chosen address. Once this email has been sent, your booking is confirmed and you are then committed to attend that event.
- Please note that bookings cannot be taken without a manager'sor CPD leader's authorisation.
- Applicants should not attend the event applied for unless they have received an email from CPD confirming you have been allocated a place. Delegates that attend without having received a confirmation will be turned away on the day.
- Waiting list places are allocated against the event applied for. If places become available they are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. You will not be automatically notified of, or booked onto, any future sessions.
- By authorising staff on the training, the line manager is confirming the applicant has a sufficient understanding of the English language. The applicant will be required to participate fully in discussions, group work and to undertake assessments of learning where required.
- You authorise the member of staff from your organisation or service to attend the event.
- You have discussed the suitability of the training event with the applicant and jointly assessed the current skills, knowledge and ability as required.
- Any cancellation made by you or a member of staff from your organisation or service will result in a fee being charged to your organisation or service in accordance with our cancellation fees below. If the applicant has a place confirmed and does not attend the event indicated on this form without prior notice, they will be considered a non-attendee and your organisation or service will be charged as appropriate.
Cancellation and non-attendance (7 calendar days)
- Half day - £50
- Full day - £100