Apply for housing

We have a common housing register and a joint allocations policy which was agreed in partnership with ten housing associations who have accommodation in Peterborough, which forms the Peterborough Homes Partnership. We provide a single point of contact for people seeking social housing in Peterborough.

Please note: only applications who are aged over 55 will be accepted on to the housing register if they meet the criteria detailed in bands 4 and 5. In addition, they will only be eligible to be considered for sheltered accommodation.

Join the housing register

If you would like to apply to join the housing register you will need to complete an application form and return it in person to the Customer Services Centre in Bayard Place.

When you visit us, you will need to bring your completed application and all of the documentation requested within the form so that we can confirm you're eligible and correctly determine how your application should be prioritised on the register.

Housing register application form

Size: 328.53 KB File format: pdf

Please note: If you currently a tenant of a Housing Association in Peterborough you will need to approach them for written authorisation to apply to join the housing register.

Anyone aged 16 or over (including those with no fixed abode) may be placed on the housing register, except for:

  • people from abroad subject to immigration control or regulations
  • people prescribed as ineligible by regulations made by the Secretary of State
  • people we consider to be unsuitable to be tenants due to unacceptable behaviour.
Processing Request